Moving Away From Diets: Camera Ready Handouts
This packet of 25 handouts is designed to be used with a nondiet approach to weight, eating and exercise issues. The handouts can be used with individual clients and in group settings, as well as for professional training and education.
The packet includes a description of the forms and brief explanation as to how to use them. Several handouts can be downloaded free for your preview and/or use. Handouts include:
- Basic Hunger/Satiety Scale- Visual guideline to assist in reconnecting with hunger/satiety. Uses 0-10 scale with descriptions of each number.
- My Hunger/Satiety Scale – Clients use to explore their experience of hunger and satiety, filling in their perceptions of each number on the HungerScale.
- Hunger/Satiety Food Journal – Clients chart hunger/satiety ratings on graph next to food intake. Columns to record food exchanges, moods, exercise. Your client can download these at Products (and you don’t have to keep making copies!). I prefer this food journal because the hunger/satiety graph is empty squares and I can easily see the flow of my client’s responses.
- Hunger/Satiety Food Journal Variations -
Some people prefer the numbers of the HungerScale written in the graph, so the Food Journal II and Food Journal III were created! Your client can down load these at Products as well.
- CEP Hunger/Satiety Food Journal – This version of the food journal as places to check off completion of specific activities you may assign your client. Two activities are included on the journal, Chosen Eating Place (CEP) and No Other Activity. Helps clients slow down and quit distracting themselves while eating. This also comes in two versions.
- Am I Exercise Resistant? - Checklist of reasons a person might become exercise resistant. Use this list to help your client alter her/his perceptions of physical activity to encourage a return to joyful movement.
- Motivations to Move – Explore and rank unusual motivations to get the body moving besides burning calories and shaping the body.
- Matching Motive to Activity – Using the motivations discovered in the previous handout, match their motivations to a wide variety of activiites. Helps clients select satisfying physical activities. Two page handout.
- Theory of Expando Thighs – Use to decode what is going on behind those fat feelings. Two page handout.
- Eating Styles Compared – Overview of attuned eating, deprivation-driven eating and emotional eating to help clients compare these different eating styles.
- Feelings List - Lists feeling words in four basic categories to assist in identifying feelings.
- Fear/ Glad/ Mad/ Sad Defined - These 4 forms outline typical words used to describe each feeling, then lists synonyms and a sentence to assist understanding of the words.
- Feelings Communication Model - Walks clients through the appropriate expression of feelings, differentiates between thoughts and feelings.
- Feelings Faces (female and male version) - drawings that depict common feelings.
- Blank Feelings Face (female) - Clients can draw depictions of their feelings.
- Keys Starvation Study – Checklist of seldom thought about consequences of dieting, eye-opening for clients.
- Comparing Consequences of Dieting and Sexual Abuse – Highlights the abusive nature of dieting, and the traumatization of dieting that, though impacts everyone, is especially difficult for abuse survivors.
- Comparing Traditional and Nondiet Approaches to Eating and Weight – Spells out the differences between these approaches, helpful in teaching clients the differences between these two paradigms.
- Comparing Traditional and HAES Approaches to Eating and Weight - Same as previous form except that the term "Health At Every Size (HAES)" is used in the comparison header rather than “nondiet.” For people or groups who already have an understanding that weight is not an independent indicator of health.
- Seeking Satisfaction – Compares how NOT to feel satisfied when you eat to how TO feel satisfied when you eat. Follows with tips on how to find satisfaction.
- You do not have to spend hours putting together handouts for your clients and groups.
- Your clients will leave your office with tools to help them remember and implement the ideas you discussed.
These handouts are easy to reproduce, and are all in black and white.
|Moving Away From Diets - $40||Order|
|Moving Away From Diets Handouts - $45|
|Eating Disorder Assessm't/Treatment Tools - $30|
(Moving Away from Diets is ordered directly from Helm Publishing.)
And free, download handouts such as the Hunger/Satiety Food Journal for your own use, or to use with clients.